Table of Contents
- 1 Top 5 Restaurant Walkie Talkies
- 2 Some popular restaurant walkie talkie systems at a glance:
- 3 5 best restaurant walkie talkie sets (& why they’re great)
- 3.1 1. Motorola CLS1110
- 3.2 2. Motorola CLP1010
- 3.3 3. Retevis RT68 Rechargeable Walkie Talkies (10 Pack)
- 3.4 4. Kenwood ProTalk XLS TK-3230
- 3.5 5. Motorola CLS1410
Top 5 Restaurant Walkie Talkies
Trying to help your restaurant staff by choosing the right walkie talkies for your restaurant?
The importance of communication can never be underestimated.
Restaurant staff are typically going to want something that is lightweight, and not inconvenient to carry all day. Perhaps with an earpiece, to keep communications clear in a busy environment.
Some popular restaurant walkie talkie systems at a glance:
- Simple to use & crystal clear sound
- Plenty of battery life to last a full shift
- Effective range of 100k sqft (inside buildings)
- Earpieces for discreet communications
- Tiny, lightweight and easy to use
- No external antenna to get in the way
- Large push-to-talk button
- Great value for money
- 2-year warranty
- Squelch feature to reduce background noise
- 5.65lbs weight & up to 12 hrs battery life
The success of any service industry depends on customer service. The use of two-way radio minimizes movements in restaurants, thereby creating a smooth experience for customers and workers.
If you run a restaurant, I’m sure I don’t need to explain how important slick communications are, so let’s just get right into it.
What makes a good restaurant walkie talkie system, and what options are out there?
5 best restaurant walkie talkie sets (& why they’re great)
The most effective two-way radios for restaurants are lightweight, with crystal clear sound, and easy to operate. You’ll find options both with and without earpieces. The latter being useful for communicating on the move, for more discreet discussions, and for better hearing in loud kitchen environments.
What you likely won’t need in a restaurant walkie talkie system would be:
- A receiver with a long-range, since most restaurants operate within the same building
- Lots of different frequencies
Of course there are some exceptions — if you are operating a restaurant in a cruise ship, for example, then you may need to look for slightly different specifications (e.g. longer range).
Here’s some models that are popular among restaurants.
1. Motorola CLS1110
CLS110 is an excellent device from Motorola that is specifically designed for the service sector, including restaurants.
They are relatively light, and straightforward to use for your staff, having only one channel and a simple push-to-talk button. Each radio comes with a belt clip too.
- 56 business-exclusive frequencies as well as 121 privacy codes for enhanced security
- Lithium battery supports 18 hours of use with an optional AAA backup
- Transmission of up to 200,000 square feet
- Contains a keypad lock to prevent accidental dials
- Three selectable call tones alert users of incoming communications.
- Suitable for labor-intensive businesses experiencing high employees turnover
The Motorola CLS 1110TM is one of the ham radios specially designed for fast speed. You can boost your organizational productivity at the press of a button. It has a single channel with 56 business exclusive frequencies giving the user a variety of options. The user can be sure of accessing an open channel anytime and maintain the privacy of the conversation. This radio is reliable and easy to use, even for a newbie.
Lightweight and durability
This radio weighs 2.38 ounces, and hence it is easy to have it on your belt anytime without getting tired. The rugged design of this Motorola radio makes it durable enough to endure even the rigorous environments.
Business Exclusive Frequencies
The CLS Motorola comes with 56 exclusive business businesses and 121 privacy codes. This means you can be able to transmit with a clear signal without any flaws. You will not require having a license to operate this radio.
With one watt of power, you can get a coverage of 200,000 sq. Ft. or 15 floors.
Long-Lasting Battery Life
This radio comes with a rechargeable Lithium-Ion battery, which works for up to 18 hours. In reality, with regular usage, you could expect more like 12 hours — but that’s still plenty enough for a single shift. You can also use the AAA alkaline batteries as a backup in case you run out of power. The drop-in charger provides fast charging option to your device, keeping you in touch all the time.
The keypad lock prevents accidental dials hence saving power and time. This reduces the number of downtimes by using power optimally.
With the CLS series, you can easily copy settings from another radio, so you do not have to program your radio again, to work with other radios. This makes it easy when you want to add some new units to your fleet. Cloning is easy, and you do not need to undergo any training.
- Enhance Security. You can keep in touch with your team and send a quick message in case of emergencies cost reduction- You can keep your team coordinated at no monthly charges
- Simplifies tasks and eliminates time wastage
What is in the Box?
- One CLS1110 scanner
- Rechargeable Lithium-Ion battery
- AC adapter
- Drop-in charger
- User manual
2. Motorola CLP1010
The CLP1010 two-way radio is very similar to the aforementioned CLS1110, but it has to be used with a headset.
It’s even lighter than the CLS1110, and even easier to operate — with just one large button to push-to-talk. There’s also no external antenna.
The cost of this radio isn’t super cheap, nor is it the most expensive around. It’s a good investment that will work well, and last a long time having been proven in thousands of other restaurants.
You can clip this radio on your belt, attach it on your cloth or hang it around the neck. The one-watt receiver can be easily programmed to suit the user’s needs. What’s more, this radio works with a repeater.
Every unit of this Motorola radio is ideal for keeping the user connected. With the belt clip helping you keep the radio attached to your belt, the large and textured PTT button makes it easy to send a message quickly and fast. The adjustable earpiece and a microphone ensure that your radio is never detached from your belt clip. This radio keeps you communicating within 100,000 square feet, which is enough for most of the restaurant’s coverage area. You can add the UHF repeater and extend your coverage area
Channels and frequencies
The CLP radio comes with 99 exclusive business frequencies and 219-privacy codes, giving the user an array of options. You can enjoy a clear and private conversation free of interruptions.
- Voice-assisted menus
- a smart status light,
- adjustable volume settings
- rechargeable 12-hour lithium-ion battery
- A CPS programming cable.
- Meets military specifications to work under the most rigorous conditions
- Lightweight and compact size
- Free belt clip
- 99 business frequencies
- 16 adjustable volume settings
- UHF band, 1-Watt, 1 Channel,
- 10,000 square feet and 219 privacy codes
- Smart LED showing channels and battery status,
- Large Push To Talk button
What is in the box?
- One Motorola CLP1010 Radio
- Lithium-ion battery Belt clip
- Wall charger
- Stand-up charging tray
- Adjustable earpiece with in-line push to talk microphone
- User guide
- Two-year warranty
3. Retevis RT68 Rechargeable Walkie Talkies (10 Pack)
Retevis as a brand are gaining popularity, in particular within service based industries. These radio packs are a lot cheaper than the ones mentioned above, and still do a good job.
They’re not nearly as light & small, and lack a few bells and whistles, but they’ll certainly achieve the core goal of enabling clear staff communications in your restaurant.
No license required
This radio does not require a permit- this eases the application process and paperwork, which also goes a long way to save your operational costs
Despite their lower price tag, these radios are still sturdy and reliable. At 5.65lbs they’re not as light as some of the more expensive options (e.g. Motorola models above), but still a lot lighter and less bulky than many alternatives, without being fragile.
The antenna is sturdy too, and advertised as ‘drop-proof’, which means you shouldn’t worry when (inevitably) someone drops a radio here and there.
An adjustable ‘squelch’ feature lets you filter out, to an extent, some background noise. That means you’re likely to have clearer communications still, even in a noisier environment like a kitchen.
4. Kenwood ProTalk XLS TK-3230
The Kenwood radio comes with a great combination of specifications- battery life, size, and design, among others. With a weight of 5.5 ounces and a length of 6 inches, this is one of the smallest radio. These combinations make it ideal for retail businesses, restaurants, and educational services. This radio has an output of 1.5 watts giving an excellent range. The lithium battery provides this radio with the transmission of 18 hours out of a single charge.
This Kenwood radio is one of the essential choices for people looking for ham radios below 2 watts power. This radio exceeds the military specifications and offers the best quality voice quality and range
- Lightweight and Compact Size
- 6 Channels
- 5-watt power output
- Charges fully in 2.5 hours
- Up to 5 miles range in ideal conditions
- Durable battery with 18 hours of life after a single charge
- 56 UHF Business Exclusive Frequencies with 122 Privacy Codes
- Excellent Audio Quality
- Time out timer
- Compatible with other business radios with the same frequencies
- polycarbonate housing, superior speaker
- Wireless cloning
- Key lock option to prevent accidental dials
5. Motorola CLS1410
The restaurant business requires an excellent service to be successful. The Motorola CLS boosts efficiency by enabling managers and staff to keep coordinated to provide the best service to the customers. This radio delivers top quality at the push of the button and is designed for the fast running of the business. With four channels and 56 exclusive business channels, you can be assured of top reliability and privacy of your communication with a clear voice communication
The radio is reliable, and you can keep interacting with your colleagues without any problems.
With the vibracall, you can receive calls without in noisy situations quickly. You can also use the clone feature to copy settings from other radios. This eases you the stress of having to reprogram it to be compatible with other communications. This radio comes with the rechargeable lithium-ion battery with the option of using the AAA batteries as a backup. LCD shows information such as battery consumption. With the Superfast drop-in charger, you can charge your radio very fast- you never have to go out of power
- Lightweight and portable design
- Four channels with additions 56 exclusive business frequencies
- Keypad lock to prevent accidental dials
- VOXX feature for hands-free communication
- 121 privacy codes with 83 digital and 38 private lines
- Compatible with other Motorola models
- You need to have the FCC license to operate
The success of the restaurant industry heavily relies on communication. Smooth communication structures help keep the business flowing and reduces the customers’ waiting time. The models above have been reached by doing a critical analysis of the essential features that can help improve performance by saving time in the service industry. Features such as the VOXX enables the user to receive a call without interfering with the regular duties. Use this article as a guideline whenever you want to buy a good radio for your restaurant. You can buy any of the above models, and you will experience the best performance for your business.